Who can join?
- Ordinary Member: A member is ordinarily an individual who is or has been actively engaged in hemp business with or without professional and/or academic qualifications to enable them to practice as a hemp grower, engineer, technician, instructor, process designer and/or researcher in an appropriate hemp field. Small-scale and peasant farmers are included in this category. A member has full voting rights.
- Corporate Member: This membership is provided for companies and commercial farmers with access to our local and international community who provide comprehensive professional education opportunities on current agricultural issues, through knowledge sharing at our conferences, via our print and on-line media as well as personal contacts in national and regional work groups as well as the sector and expert work groups. Member has full voting rights.
- Associate Member: An Associate Member includes an institution or individual that is actively engaged in the agriculture, engineering training or process design fields, and who have achieved or confer qualifications, may be admitted into the Association as a Member. Universities and colleges, including lecturers, master students and doctoral researchers (PhD students) are typically associate members. Member has full voting rights.
- Union Member: A union is an association of workers or farmers who have formed a legal unit or legal personhood which acts as a bargaining agent and legal representative for a unit of employees or farmers in all matters of law and right arising from the administration of their collective interests. Member has full voting rights.
- Co-operative Member: A co-operative is a member owned farm, business or other organisation with at least 5 members which is owned and run jointly by its members who share the profits of benefits. Member has full voting rights.
- Fund Member. This is an institution which provides money to investors for a particular purpose. Member has full voting rights.
- Insurance Member: A company which undertakes to provide a guarantee of compensation for specified loss, damage, illness or death in return for payments of specified premiums. Member has full voting rights.
- Fellow:A Fellow is an individual recognized by the Association to have made a truly significant contribution to the Association and its aims and objectives. A Fellow must be nominated by other members. The process of becoming a Fellow is managed by the Fellowship Committee. The grade of Fellow is reserved for Full Members of the Association. Member has full voting rights.
- Honorary Fellow: An Honorary Fellow is an individual recognized by the Association to have rendered outstanding services to the aims of the Association or to the community in general, with due regard being paid to the fact that this is the highest honour the Society can bestow. An Honorary Fellow is chosen by the Advisory Board and Board of Management. Paramount Chiefs, Senior Chiefs and Senior Headmen fall in this category. Member has no voting right.
- Member Emeritus: These are former holder of an office in the Association, having retired but allowed to retain their title as an honor. Emeritus Members are asked to pay the same fee as Associate Members. Member has full access and full voting rights.
- Green Gold Medical Zambia Limited
- eHempHouse Zambia Limited
- Copperbelt Commodity Exchange Limited
- Copperbelt Hemp Company Limited
- Southern Hemp Company Limited
- Northern Hemp Company Limited
- Luapula Hemp Company Limited
- Eastern Hemp Company Limited
- North Western Hemp Company Limited
- Western Hemp Company Limited
- Central Hemp Compamy Limited
- Muchinga Hemp Company Limited
- Lusaka Hemp Company Limited
| International Applicants Fee (Corporate Membership)||$5000|
|International Applicants Fee (Ordinary Membership)||$500|
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can join ZamHemp?
All persons who are interested to participate in the business of production, manufacturing, distribution (sales and marketing) of hemp products in Zambia, are invited to register as members. Youths and women are particularly encouraged to seize this grand opportunity and join as members.
How can I join ZamHemp?
You can register with Zam Hemp by filling the online registration form or by downloading the registration form, filling it and sending it to the Membership Secretary at our Head Office.
How can I pay for my membership?
What benefits do I get as a member?
How long is my membership?
The membership is for one year and renewable.